Our people are the key to our success. We are quite selective in with whom we work, but once you join us, you will probably stay for long time.
Who we’re looking for
- Scrum Master / Agile Coach
- Software Engineer (Scala, C++, Java, Python)
- Front End Engineer
- Scala Developer
- DevOps Engineer
- Python Developer
- Software Engineer Java/C/C++
What’s it like to work at 9LivesData?
Focus on people
Our people are the key to our success. We are quite selective in with whom we work, but once you join us, you will probably stay for long time, as we have very low attrition rates. Building a great team is a never-ending process. We are constantly seeking bright and enthusiastic people ready to make a difference and contribute their ideas to novel and advanced software. Here are a few reasons to join us:
- Gain unique experience in a challenging multinational R&D setting
- Contribute your ideas and code to an advanced, high-tech, enterprise product
- Interact with smart, knowledgeable and friendly peers
- Build your publication record in the most prestigious conferences
- Schedule your own work time and keep balance between your personal life and work
- We provide excellent working conditions
- Last, but not least, we offer excellent compensation
Per hour compensation
We offer per hour compensation. It means that there will be no work you won’t get paid for. Your time is precious for you and for us. We also want to appreciate your commitment to deliver projects on time, and as an extra gratitude you can expect a bonus at the end of every successful milestone.
Comfortable working conditions
Comfortable working conditions are always critical for software developers. Open space? Laptop only? 4 sqm per person? Not really!!! We do believe that good working conditions will improve your efficiency and will make you working not only with passion, but also with pleasure. For that reason, we work in small, 2-4 people rooms, with comfortable fully adjustable chairs and desks and up to 4 flat panels. It is your place, and you set it up according to your preferences.
Flexible working time
We realize that we all have different needs and work habits. To accommodate them, we have incorporated core office hours model, i.e. we prefer that you are in the office from Monday till Friday between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. However, this is only a preference, and it does not mean you are unable to act in an emergency situation which might happen during that time. The goal is to minimize such situations, so we can have some time together to perform training, conferences and design meetings. You can also choose yourself the time which suits you best for the remaining hours. And please do not forget one more additional benefit of time spent in the office – an opportunity for engaging discussions with your peers over lunch!
We believe in continuous self-improvement and we help making this happen. We have high expectations, and we hire only exceptional people. Thanks to their passion and skills, they learn very quickly and our environment speeds up the process even more. Many of us are experts in the broadly defined systems, including, but not limited to, operating systems, file and storage systems, parallel and distributed programming, C++, object oriented programming, generic programming, and design patterns. We run a weekly seminar on advances in systems research and multi-session improvement training on multiple levels, so it is always possible to choose a presentation or training that suits you best.
Fun & leisure
Work is important, but everybody needs a break. Standard IT office amenities like a foosball are obviously yours to enjoy, and if you feel competitive there are are occasional tournaments. We also play (real life) football every Thursday and many of us will be happy to challenge you to a friendly tennis match (sadly we’ll have to venture out of the office for that as we do not yet have a built in tennis court). On top of that, we have avid runners and climbers among us – for a while we even had a climbing wall in the attic!
Last but not least, sometimes an enthusiastic group stays into the wee hours improving their strategic thinking and social skills at the same time by playing tabletop games.
How to join?
Here are the steps to take to join us at 9LivesData:
- Send us your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org (*)
- Complete a programming challenge using Codility.
- Visit us at our office in Warsaw, where we can get to know each other better.
- Join your new team.
* Please include the following phrase at the end of your CV, as your application can not be processed without it: I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data included in my job application in the recruitment process (according to the Law of Personal Data Protection from 29 August 1997, Dziennik Ustaw No.133, item 883)